Wednesday, May 21, 2008

They Graduated

Elisabeth graduated from kindergarten on Monday. I can't believe she is already going to be in first grade. It seems like just yesterday she was so tiny. She was the littlest baby I had ever held. The day she was born, I stayed up all night staring at her in amazement. I couldn't believe that I was a mother. I was amazed at how perfect God had made her and he did it through my body. She is so big, now! I am sad to think that she will go to school all day next year. Picking her up at 12:30 seems like she was hardly gone compared to all day.

Elisabeth had the most awesome teacher this year. She is the one who taught Elisabeth all her memory work and sign language. I am amazed at how much they can learn at such a young age if you just take the time to teach them. I pray that her teacher next year will be just as good. (That might be impossible :) Oh wait this is God I'm talking to).

Hogan is now finished with pre-K. He is so ready for big boy school. He loves to learn and works really hard at his work. For now it looks like he will go to half day kinder also. I love that! I can't believe he will be away from me everyday. Something about that just doesn't seem right but they have to go to school. I pray that he will have an awesome teacher that loves him and loves to teach. I know God has awesome plans for these two. I can't wait to see them unfold.

I know they have so much time left at home but in some ways it seems like they are slipping away. Getting bigger and needing me less. Becoming more independent. Oh so sad, but good. In the mean time we have all summer together and I can't wait to have lots of fun with them. We plan on playing in the water a lot, going on a couple of really great trips and just enjoying each others company.

1 comment:

Haley said...

Oh my goodness, little Lolly going to first grade and Hogan in kinder. That is crazy talk. I remeber Hogan in a carrier on the floor of Thailand while we ate.