Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Bank

I took the kids to the bank today to open up savings accounts. SuMmEr is here and the kids are quick to tell me they are board so..... they have been getting chores. Needless to say they tell me they are board a lot less often. I actually think that because we are always so busy, that if we have one day where we stay at the house and accomplish things that they think they are board. Ahhhh....I can't win.
I thought it would be fun if we had chore charts and savings accounts and tithe envelopes (Josh hates me to use that word. He says "Babe we're not Baptists." I on the other hand think it is a great word). Ok a brief sound off. I am NeVeR this organized. In fact, this may only last a week. But I am giving it a shot. So we went down to the bank with our piggy banks and opened up accounts. The lady at the bank was really nice and they all got new piggy banks, a ruler, a pencil and a lolly pop. Of course I had to document the whole 1 1/2 hour (and yes it did take that long. Ahhh....again. Way too long for four little kids to be quiet and good. However, it was ok) event on camera so here are the pics.
All the kids standing outside the bank with their piggy banks. Little did they know they were about to be trapped inside for 1 1/2 hours.

All the kids and the lady who set up all the accounts. She was very friendly.
and of course it wouldn't be a bank trip with out a lolly pop in the car on the way home. Please disregard the fact that the two middle boys are not in car seats. Josh took my car out of town to save on gas since it is so high and there is not enough room for all the car seats in the back seat of his truck. But yes they do usually all wear car seats.


3 comments:

Perks said...

1 1/2 hours? I would of left...probably crying. You're so brave and your kids are so good!

Corrie said...

Where in the world do you find the energy? I loved this classic:
"Needless to say they tell me they are board a lot less often." I bet it didn't take long for them to learn that lesson.

Oh, and I say "tithe" too. I didn't know that was considered a Baptist thing...

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Your kids are priceless... so cute and adorable... always smiling and I bet a joy to be around... BTW good job on the blog... I love it.