Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dolly Update


A lot of people have been calling or emailing me asking if we're ok and so I thought I'd write a little update of the storm. It really is no more than a rainy cool day. Josh called and said that he heard there were tornadoes spotted and wanted to make sure we knew to get in the closet. We have not seen or heard of any. So we are hanging out at the house. Not a big deal. On a side note, Push-ma-tah-ha (the pet snake) got out in the night while we were sleeping. So there is a snake loose in my house. We have been looking for him but no luck. I am cleaning out three fourths of the kids toys to get ready for birthday season at our house. So hopefully he will turn up during the big clean up today. I sure don't want to smell a dead snake in my house. What makes it worse it that we are going to have 15 little girls spend the night Friday night for Elisabeth's birthday and I don't want one of them to find him and be scared.....

So have a BlEsSeD DaY!!! Thanks for all the concerns and prayers.

9 comments:

Jaime said...

I hate to say it but I think a loose snake in my house would frighten me more than a tornado or hurricane combined! You are a brave soul... Seriously though, we will pray for your family through this storm.

Jill said...

yikes! you are a much better mommy than i am...scarlett has made friends with a lizard outside and i have to pretend i have work to do in the house so that she doesn't see how scared i am...there is seriously no way i could handle a snake :)
glad you are all still safe and hope the kids are enjoying themselves inside~

Angie Campbell said...

I am so glad you are okay! We prayed for you and the family last night that you wouldn't be hurt by the storm. I forgot to pray that your snake would not get out of the cage, though, so I will add that to my prayers tonight. Tell Elisabeth Happy Birthday! You are brave to have such a large sleepover!

Oh, and what did you decide from all the posts about a possible 5th???? just curious.... missing you and your smile!

Tricia said...

Hey! Glad you and your family are doing well. Again I love reading your post because I feel like they prepare me for what I have to look forward to...like a loose snake!

Perks said...

Great news. I've been thinking of you guys and have been watching CC when the radar came on.

I would have to leave my house if a snake was loose. yikes.

J Katy Garner said...

So glad you guys are safe and sound and Dolly was kind!
and I didn't know you had a pet snake, you are a good Mama I don't know if any reptiles can come live at my house...eeeekkkk!!

Eckmama said...

Thanks for the update, glad to know y'all are alright. We're getting rain too, hooray! but also under a tornado watch.

I definitely couldn't handle a loose snake of any kind. We'd be OUT until Jarred found it.

Good luck with 15 little girls this weekend...talk about BRAVE.

Tricia said...

Please read my blog and let me in on some of your stories, because with 4 kids I know you can make me feel better!

Tricia said...

Thank you so much! I feel so much better! I guess just to have someone who understands! It was a very scary moment. Well, what are you guys doing while it rains? We have been stuck in the house all day today while it rains. I am thinking about putting our blow up jumper in the house so they boys can release some energy. We will see.